2014-09-19

 

Scottish Independence

I am very happy that Scotland decided to stay in the UK. Big countries are better able to spend defence spending wisely. To that end, it would be good for the US, Canada, UK and Australia to form a single country. I dislike Australia wasting money on territorial defence that could better be used to fight overseas missions. Although admittedly at another level it is good that the Anglophones are split, so that hopefully one of them has the balls to fight any particular overseas battle. E.g. the right-wing Australia could provide boots on the ground for the anti-ISIS coalition, even if the left-wing USA baulks at that. I really hope that the right-wing Australian party goes it alone even if the US doesn't. I hate the thought that Australia would only act if the US acts first. That's miles away from where I want to be.




<< Home
|



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?