2011-05-03

 

End of an Era

So Bin Laden's reign of terror is finally over. And in yet another coincidence - I got that news just as I had given up trying to protect Muslims from genocide and more-or-less decided to protect Jews from genocide instead. I have discovered in my dealings with Muslims that there is too much "the Jews want xyz" and it would be a lot easier for me to respond "I'm a Jew, and I don't want that". Generally every Middle Eastern dictatorship is blamed on the Jews, while meanwhile there is nothing the poor Jews can actually do because its written in the Islamic religion to fight the Jews till the end of time:

The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).Sahih Muslim, 41:6985, see also Sahih Muslim, 41:6981, Sahih Muslim, 41:6982, Sahih Muslim, 41:6983, Sahih Muslim, 41:6984, Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:56:791,(Sahih al-Bukhari, 4:52:177)

I realise there are Muslims who don't subscribe to the literal interpretation of this. I used to be one of them, and I would write this off the same way that Jews write off stoning your own children to death if they are disobedient. But it is time for me to be a Jew who needs to face Muslims who do believe the literal interpretation. Obviously I will be part of Reform Judaism since I don't follow the literal interpretation. I will self-identify as a Jew the same way that Christians self-identify as Christians. It reminds me of when I was in Grade 11 (about 16 years old) and they introduced the major religions as part of religious studies, and each one sounded cool so I used to adopt it for a week. It was only temporary though, as I always went back to the cold comfort of atheism.


P.S. The final straw was on realizing that intermarriage between the two ideologies wouldn't work either, as Jewish men aren't able to marry Muslim women, and any solution that leaves Jewish men without a bloodline in order to achieve peace is no solution that I can tolerate.



<< Home
|



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?