2005-09-22

 

Finland Finesse

Open Letter to Tarja Kaarina Halonen, President of Finland.

Dear Madam,
First of all I would like to thank you for your country's valiant effort in the Winter War against the Soviet Union. That gave Hitler the impression that the USSR was weak and prompted him to invade the USSR, which saved the day. I'd also like to say how sad it was that the UK was unable to provide support to Finland during that war. Believe me, the UK and allies (such as my country - Australia) would have loved to be in a position to protect your beautiful democracy against the Soviet Union's dictatorship. But unfortunately the UK was not in a position to do so.

But now I would like to focus on issues of today. I can understand Finland needing to be neutral while the threat of the USSR loomed large. But that threat has now receded. I would urge you to join NATO and stand up with the rest of the free world. The days of cowtowing to the Soviet dictatorship are over. I hope one day that NATO will reach Australia so that Finland and Australia are united in a mutual defence pact. That would be wonderful. The case for Finland joining NATO has comprehensively been made in the following article, which I urge you to read:

http://www.mil.fi/perustietoa/julkaisut/finland_and_nato/index.dsp

And I refer you to the last paragraph in the Conclusion:

"The dilemma is that it is currently too early to answer the above questions with any certainty. The danger is that it may always be too early until it is too late."

Now is your chance to join NATO and secure your beautiful country. Please don't put NATO in a spot where Russia is opening hostilities against Finland and you are calling for NATO's help. You need to get membership in ADVANCE of any hostilities. I know Anglophone mentality. The Anglophones will risk a nuclear exchange with Russia in defence of an EXISTING member of NATO but will NOT engage in nuclear exchange in defence of a country that chose to remain outside NATO.

Also, I'd like to tell you that I am very disappointed that Finland didn't join the "coalition of the willing" in Iraq. The free world needs to stand together, regardless of formal alliances. This was an opportunity to turn a dictatorship into a democracy. You should have been champing at the bit to see this happen, and for Iraq to turn into a beautiful country just like your own. Where were you? Do you have a concept of being in the TRIBE of ANTI-SUBJUGATORS?

Yours sincerely,
Paul Edwards, Australia.



<< Home
|



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?